HR Administrator (18 Months, Fixed Term Contract)
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, with a ‘can do’ attitude, able to work independently, with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations.
If this sounds like the right job for you, apply today!
Main responsibilities and duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting the Head of HR & Inclusion in the recruitment of new staff, including drafting job descriptions, advertising, shortlisting, organisation of interview panels and interview questions and materials, liaising with candidates, interviewing, drafting contracts, contacting referees and coordinating probationary reviews.
- Maintaining personnel records on HR Database for all permanent, casual, freelance and voluntary staff, including holidays, TOIL, and sick leave
- First point of contact for the Gallery’s HR System, E-Learning Portal and Wellbeing Portal
- Coordinating the recruitment and induction of the Gallery’s volunteers (interns and work placements), including advertising, shortlisting, interviewing, reviews and careers advice.
- Assisting the Head of HR & Inclusion in organising staff training, both internally and externally.
- Organising the Gallery’s annual staff appraisal schedule.
- Coordinating the induction and exit process for all staff in liaison with the Operations department.
- Assisting the Head of HR with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme.
Conditions of work
- Contract: 18 Months Fixed Term Contract (with the possibility of becoming permanent depending on performance)
- Hours per week: 22 or 23 hours per week (Flexible 5 days per week including remote working). Core working hours are 9.30am – 5.45pm, one-hour lunch break. Work outside of these hours will occasionally be necessary as required and will be compensated for with corresponding time in lieu.
- Salary: £21,000 to £22,000 per annum pro-rata (depending on experience)
- Period of notice: 1 month
In addition to your salary, the benefits you are eligible to receive, subject to availability, are:
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 days public holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Pension Scheme
- Discount from the Gallery bookshop
- Discount from the Townsend Restaurant
- Training opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
For further information, please download the Job Description.
For further information please visit the Gallery’s website. Please send your CV and a supporting statement (no more than two pages) and return to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 14th November 2021
Interviews will take place on 16th November 2021.
The Whitechapel Gallery strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian, ethnic minority, and/or disabled applicants as these groups are currently underrepresented in the Arts sector.
Charity number: 312162 Company number: 4093862