1. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
Entries will be accepted through this website between 23:59 (GMT) on Monday, 21 January2019 and 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, 31 March 2019.
1. Publishers from all countries, including academic, commercial, museum and gallery publishers and small independent presses are eligible.
2. Each publisher may submit an unlimited number of titles to each Award.
3. Whitechapel Gallery is not eligible to submit its own publications.
1. Publications must be in English or with a full English translation.
2. Titles must be published between 1 April 2018 and 1 April 2019.
4. Entries must be supplied as a high-resolution PDF, 300 dpi, double-page spreads.
5. A submission form must be filled in for each title submitted. If one title is being submitted for more than one category, one submission form must also be filled in per category.
6. Whitechapel Gallery and the jury reserve the right to place a submission in a different category as the participant proposed if they think the publication suits a different category better.
4. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. There is no fee to enter the competition.
2. Closing date for receipt of all entries is 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday, 31 March 2019.
3. No responsibility can be accepted for incorrectly uploaded entries or those that are illegible. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
4. Entries must be submitted by the publisher only. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be considered.
5. Publishers may be invited by jurors to submit titles.
6. The jury is chaired by Richard Schlagman, with two other permanent members from Whitechapel Gallery and the Authors’ Club. They are joined by four experts in each of the Award areas, changing annually.
7. All correctly completed entries for each category will be forwarded to an internal judging panel, who will select an internal longlist of entries for each of the following categories:
8. Longlisted participants will be contacted by email by Thursday, 18 April 2019 and required to send two physical copies of the publications they have applied with to Whitechapel Gallery. These will be shared with the jury.
9. Physical copies will not be returned but donated to the MMAG Foundation in Amman, Jordan.
10. Whitechapel Gallery accepts no responsibility for the loss of or damage to any books or other cases in which longlisted entrants send their resubmissions.
11. In May the seven-member-jury will select the shortlist which will be published on this website by Wednesday, 12 June 2019.
12. All participants whose entries are shortlisted will be invited by Wednesday, 19 June 2019to attend an awards ceremony in London on 5 September 2019 at which the winners will be announced. With the exception of entry to the event itself, all travel, accommodation and other costs associated with attending the awards ceremony cannot be covered by Whitechapel Gallery.
13. The winners will each receive a specially designed trophy. The following categories will receive special mentions:
14. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
15. The decision of the judges is final and correspondence will be entered into only at the absolute discretion of Whitechapel Gallery.
16. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
18. Whitechapel Gallery may disqualify any participant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions or who has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other participants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of Whitechapel Gallery.
19. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of the same shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claims arising out of or in connection with this promotion.