Thu 21 Oct, 7pm
Whitechapel Gallery Online
The Whitechapel Gallery is committed to making all of our events as accessible as possible for every audience member. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss a particular request and we will gladly discuss with you the best way to accommodate it.
About This Event
– This event takes place online only.
– You can access this event for free through this web page and also on the Whitechapel Gallery’s YouTube Channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/user/whitechapelgallery
– This event is suitable for those over the age of 16
– British Sign Language interpretation is provided for this event
– We are unable to provide live closed captioning or CART for this event. An automated captioned verson of the event will be available on YouTube following the broadcast.
– As the event is a total of one hour, there will not be a rest break.
– As the event is being live streamed, you can access it from your home if you have access to an internet connection
– The event will be available for replay on this page afterwards.
This special event features Theaster Gates reflecting on his new exhibition, A Clay Sermon, in which his transformation of clay – from geological substance into utilitarian and artistic material – stands as a powerful metaphor for his socially-engaged work and wider artistic practice.
In partnership with the V&A. Supported by the Stanley Picker Trust.
This event is part of our season Ways of Knowing: Earth / Matter.