The Whitechapel Gallery is committed to making all of our events as accessible as possible for every audience member. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss a particular request and we will gladly discuss with you the best way to accommodate it.
– Information about access on site at the gallery is available here https://www.whitechapelgallery.org/visit/access/
– This includes information about Lift access; Borrowing wheelchairs & seating; Assistance Animals; Parking; Toilets and baby care facilities; Blind & Partially Sighted Visitors; Subtitles and transcripts; British Sign Language (BSL) and hearing induction loops; Deaf Messaging Service (DMS).
About this Event
– This event takes place in various locations across Whitechapel Gallery.
– The Creative Studio is wheelchair accessible.
– If you require BSL or live captioning for workshops or tours, let us know as soon as possible and we will aim to provide this for you.
– To the best of our knowledge, there are no planned disruptions to local transport on the date of the event.
– Our nearest train station – Aldgate East Underground (1 min) is not wheelchair accessible. The closest wheelchair accessible stations are Whitechapel (15 min), Shoreditch High Street (15 min) or Liverpool Street (15 min).
– Free parking for Blue Badge holders is available at the top of Osborn Street in the pay and display booths for an unlimited period. Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
Community groups, artists and facilitators are welcome to this free event celebrating our spring season of exhibitions including A Century of the Artist’s Studio: 1920-2020 and The Living Studio.
In response to the shows, artist R.M. Sánchez-Camus has worked in collaboration with artists from Portugal Prints studio to produce a new pop-up artwork exploring wellbeing, care and artistic practice. Come and join the artists as we explore the exhibitions together.
This event includes free entry to all exhibitions for community groups, schools, families and individuals.
11am – 9pm Free entry to all exhibitions
2pm – Artist-led workshop in The Living Studio
3pm – Curator’s tour of A Century of the Artist’s Studio: 1920-2020
4pm – Artist-led workshop in The Living Studio
5pm – Curator’s tour of A Century of the Artist’s Studio: 1920-2020
6pm – Artist-led workshop in The Living Studio
6pm-8:30pm – Refreshments served in the Creative Studio