Sat 6 August, 2pm
Galleries 1, 8 & 9
The Whitechapel Gallery is committed to making all of our events as accessible as possible for every audience member. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss a particular request and we will gladly discuss with you the best way to accommodate it.
– Information about access on site at the gallery is available here https://www.whitechapelgallery.org/visit/access/
– This includes information about Lift access; Borrowing wheelchairs & seating; Assistance Animals; Parking; Toilets and baby care facilities; Blind & Partially Sighted Visitors; Subtitles and transcripts; British Sign Language (BSL) and hearing induction loops; Deaf Messaging Service (DMS).
– We encourage all visitors to take a lateral flow test before attending events and to wear a face covering during events.
– For more information on health and safety measures in relation to Covid-19, please see: https://www.whitechapelgallery.org/visit/coronavirus-update/
About This Event
The tour begins in our entrance foyer close to our Info Desk. Please ask a member of staff if you are unsure of where to go.
The tour will last up to one hour. There are options to sit throughout the exhibition, and you may also request use of one of our portable stools for the duration of your visit. These are available at the Info Desk.
The exhibition takes place in three gallery spaces, some of which are accessed via a staircase or via the lift.
– To the best of our knowledge, there are no planned disruptions to local transport on the date of the event.
– Our nearest train station – Aldgate East Underground (1 min) is not wheelchair accessible. The closest wheelchair accessible stations are Whitechapel (15 min), Shoreditch High Street (15 min) or Liverpool Street (15 min).
– Free parking for Blue Badge holders is available at the top of Osborn Street in the pay and display booths for an unlimited period. Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
An audio described tour through our major exhibition, The London Open, for blind and partially sighted visitors.
To book a free place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)207522 7888.